Travel and luggage are like twins – always associated with each other. For a frequent traveler, the investment in a quality set of luggage is imperative. And since the luggage itself forms part of the total luggage weight allocation for air travel, the luggage must be light in order to minimize unwanted extra charges. It is for this reason that lightweight luggage has been designed and polycarbonate luggage was invented. This has been a beneficial solution for many travelers. Polycarbonate luggage has become a favorite kind for luggage and hand carry bags.
The hardside luggage type has replaced the softer luggage versions. These are more durable although a little more expensive. But what is additional cost when your luggage can last twice or thrice as long as the cheaper ones. The hardside increased in popularity because travelers clamored for more durable cases to protect their belongings while in transit. Hardside luggage uses different materials such as ABS plastic, polypropene, aluminum or polycarbonate.
Of all the materials for hardside luggage, the polycarbonate is the most favored one. It reigns as the king of all hardside luggage materials. The reason is due to its very light weight. Very meticulous bag designers consider polycarbonate one of the best materials for hardside luggage.
Outstanding features of a hardside polycarbonate luggage
- It is very light. The traveler using this will avoid extra baggage fees. Its lightness enables the traveler to carry the luggage with ease. For a traveler who brings a lot on his trips, the use of a light bag is synonymous to additional baggage allocations – extra free kilos.
- It is very flexible. The luggage can be designed with aluminum, also light and flexible. The bag can have front pockets where small items can be placed.
- It has a different type of strength that protects every single item contained inside the bag. As security of belongings is vital to a traveler, then the polycarbonate hardside luggage gives assurance of protection..
- Durability is another feature of the polycarbonate luggage. Rough handling by porters will no longer be a major issue among the travelers – whether you travel by land, boat or air
Buying tips on the choice of hardside luggage
- If you are after value for money, it is better to buy luggage in sets than individual pieces. Buying in sets will cost less.
- If you are a frequent traveler, it is best to buy the most durable kind.
- If your travel is in high risk areas, where crime is prevalent, buy a low cost luggage, if possible a replaceable type.
- Buy a luggage that has 4 wheels and has a 360 degree-system. This will enable easy pulling and transport.
- If you are not very particular with updated types, buy during the sale season when new releases are offered and the old models are sold at bargain prices.
- If you are a traveler with valuable items, choose a reliable luggage like the polycarbonate sets.
The final decision on the choice of luggage is still upon you – the traveler. But then keep in mind that the hardside type is in vogue nowadays and that the best is the polycarbonate luggage.
The Benefits Of Luggage Covers – Know How To Choose The Best!
Are you a frequent flyer? Or are you just a frequent traveler? Anybody who travels a lot invest huge amount on luggage bags. Most executives even buy the designer suitcases. How much does a luggage cost? It is definitely expensive and they need protection – the luggage covers. Owners of the luggage value the bags and take care of these valuable travel companion by using luggage covers.
Have you ever thought how much a Louis Vuitton luggage bag cost? Or maybe, a Gucci travel suitcase. These designer luggage bags cost a fortune and they will not be given special attention when rolling in airport conveyors. Neither will they be given so much care when porters bring them to the ship’s cabin. Any damage such as scratches and stains (no matter how minimal) will bring big depreciation on the value of the luggage and therefore is a big waste of money!
If there is one thing to preserve the value and beauty of bags and suitcases, the luggage covers are the recommended solutions. These covers are dubbed luggage protect as they function for the preservation of the original material from any spoilage. What are the possible damages to the luggage? These can be grease stains, scrapes, spills and scratches. Luggage covers will keep these ugly damages away from the fabric or leather material of your bag thus retaining their beauty and brand new look.
Benefits derived from luggage covers
- Prime and foremost is the protection against stains, scratches and scuff marks.
- With colors and designs different from the common appearance of luggage, you can easily identify or spot your luggage as they travel along the airport carousel or conveyor.
- You can dress up your luggage to complement your travel attire. You and your travel companion (luggage) will be a sight to behold.
- Covers will keep your luggage clean – whether during travel or storage.
- The covers can fit snuggly to the bag so wheeling of the luggage can never be a problem.
- The covers usually have top openings to make the bag accessible for hauling and trolley handling.
- Luggage covers are durable as they are made of carefully chosen materials that can withstand frequent air, water or land travel.
Materials for the cover
The luggage cover can be made of vinyl, plastic, fabric or leatherette. Or lycra stretch can also be a suitable material for the covers. There are some covers that are checkered in design. This will make your luggage distinct from the rest of the other luggage in an airport conveyor. The price ranges from $ 25 to $45, depending on the size and material.
Sizes of the luggage covers are based on standard sizes of luggage and suitcases.
- Extra large – 29” x 21” x 13”
- Large – 27” x 21” x 13”
- Medium – 25” x 20” x 12.5”
- Small – 22” x 14.25” x 11”
Use of luggage covers will not create any hassle in the airport security. These luggage covers have passed airports a number of times and no problem has ever been encountered. When asked to be removed during airport inspection, cover reapplication is easily done.
Luggage covers are an effective way to protect the luggage from the inevitable wear and tear associated with travel. Whether you are on air travel, cruise or just on cab rides, luggage covers surely will protect your luggage and your investment in the luggage.